The Artists Den produces extraordinary concerts in exceptional settings. Currently in its 13th critically acclaimed season, Artists Den creates one of a kind shows from the biggest names in music – from Adele to John Legend to Mumford & Sons–bringing them to viewers worldwide on leading TV and digital culture networks including PBS, Spotify, Facebook, Foxtel, SkyArts and more.
Our team is high spirited and deeply passionate about our mission to create and promote music culture for a global arts fan. Watch this trailer, read the job descriptions and then tell us why you are the perfect candidate to join our growing team!
Head of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships
To lead our partnerships team, oversee platform relationships with existing partners, and build out new strategic relationships.
You will be responsible for developing new partnerships as well as growing existing ones with the goal of driving revenue. You have deep relationships with potential partners in media, technology, OTT, and linear, and experience building and growing successful long-term partnerships. You have a very strong understanding of the current media landscape, especially the dynamic between entertainment franchises and platforms. You have experience managing a P&L and developing revenue projections of potential deals. This position will report to the CEO.
• Responsible for business development, partner management, and strategy.
• Lead our platform content, syndication, and distribution team.
• Work with leadership to develop the overall business and revenue strategy for strategic partnerships across content library licensing, new concert and content experiences, and membership.
• Lead negotiation and structuring of partnerships.
• Guide product strategy for content distribution and work alongside our technology team on execution and developing technology to support business goals.
• Identify potential areas of opportunity to improve partnerships results.
• Draft term sheets that overview our key business terms and work with our Legal team on negotiating final terms.
• Develop strong relationships with our partners and ensure that we are always aligned and valuable.
• Work with the management team on modeling out broader business opportunities across business development, M&A, etc.
• Lead idea generation for events and opportunities. Leverage existing relationships to drive those opportunities.
• Develop mechanisms for reporting performance back to the business.
• 6+ years working in digital media, technology, etc.
• Track record of developing, structuring, and growing business partnerships that deliver a significant contribution to the success of the business.
• Strong negotiation and contract development skills.
• Strong relationships at large technology platforms, media companies, and startups.
• Experience in an external-facing role.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Google Drive, Slack.
• Knowledge of media landscape, ad tech, traditional media, subscription models, etc.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume or CV to caitlin [at] theartistsden [dot] com with the subject line “Head of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships”.